Verified by Visa - Secure Online Shopping
Verified by Visa gives you extra protection and peace of mind when you’re shopping online with AS PrivatBank payment cards.
Verified by Visa not only protects your card against unauthorised use, it also means you can have confidence that the online retailer you're buying from has made your security a priority.
It is safe, simple and convenient.
Verified by Visa Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Verified by Visa?
Verified by Visa (3-D Secure) is an additional level of protection that adds one extra step to the process of online payment authorization, which allows online stores and banks to verify that payments are performed by the card holder in order to ensure protection against fraudulent transactions.
- How to use Verified by Visa?
Verified by Visa is easy to use. It just adds one extra step to the process of paying for something online.
Your AS PrivatBank payment card will continue to work just as it does now and you will still be able to use it with retailers who are not yet offering Verified by Visa. Verified by Visa is simply an additional layer of security to give you complete confidence when you are shopping online.
- Shopping online with Verified by Visa
1. Choose what you want to buy online
2. Go to the check-out page
3. Enter your Visa card details as usual
4. The website will tell you whether or not it offers Verified by Visa
5. You will see the Verified by Visa security screen, please see screen below
6. Enter your Privat24 authorization data and click 'Enter’
7. Your identity is confirmed
8. That’s it!
- Why should I use Verified by Visa?
Verified by Visa protects your card against unauthorised transactions, giving you complete confidence when you’re shopping online. Your Visa transaction will only be authorised when you supply your Privat24 authorization data.
- Why do we need Verified by Visa? Hasn't Visa been taking my security seriously before?
AS PrivatBank has always made your security a top priority. Verified by Visa is an additional layer of security to give you total confidence when you're shopping online.
- What is necessary to make purchases from merchants who use Verified by Visa system?
To verify your identity while making payments your will have to enter your Privat24 authorization details – user name, password, and authorization code. This information will not be available to the merchant.
- What should I do, if I use my payment card for payments on the Internet, but I do not have Privat24 Internet Bank?
In order to make secure online purchases, you will need Privat24 Internet Bank. The customers who do not have internet bank cannot make payments in the participating online stores. You can apply for Privat24 Internet Bank free of charge at any branch of AS PrivatBank.
- How can I join the Verified by Visa programme?
You have to be Privat24 Internet Banking user.
- How to become Privat24 user?
You can apply for Privat24 at any branch of AS PrivatBank.
- Do I have to enter my Privat24 authorization data, if an online store has not implemented Verified by Visa system?
No, in this case you do not have to enter your authorization data.
- Does the bank charge an extra commission for using this system?
- Before introduction of the Verified by Visa technology, I was able to pay for my transactions using CVV2. Can I do it now?
Yes, but only with merchants that have not introduced Verified by Visa technology.
- Will I be able to make purchases from an online retailer who is not a participant of Verified by Visa?
Yes, but your payment will not be secured by Verified by Visa technology.
- Will I have to get a new AS PrivatBank payment card to use Verified by Visa benefits?
You do not need to change your current payment card, but you have to be Privat24 Internet Bank user.
- Will an online store have access to the information that I enter to verify my payment – Privat24 user name and authorization code?
No. Information for payment confirmation is entered on a special and secure AS PrivatBank page.
- Will my access to Privat24 be blocked after 5 sequential unsuccessful attempts to enter my authorization data in order to confirm my purchase with merchant which participates in the security programme?
Yes, and number of unsuccessful attempts of identification in online stores is counted together with unsuccessful Privat24 login attempts.
- Do all online stores use Verify by Visa system?
Currently this system is not used by all online stores, but the number of retailers willing to verify secure card transactions and use this system is constantly growing. Currently more than 300,000 online stores have joined the Verify by Visa system, and their number grows day by day.
The website of the retailers that have joined the Verify by Visa system will feature logotype.
- I've been sent an email by Verified by Visa asking me to update my details. Is this right?
AS PrivatBank or Verified by Visa will never send you an email requesting you to update your details for any reason. If you get one of these emails it is a scam and you should report it to your card issuer – the telephone number is on the back of your payment card.